Saturday, January 24, 2015

1:00 am January 16, 2015

Turns out 7:45 was wishful thinking.  We pulled in the driveway of my parents’ house right around 8:15. Luckily, they love me enough to have waited until we showed up to have dinner. They made us a classic Wisconsin feast including, grilled brats with cooked onions and sauerkraut, baked beans with bacon (I discovered I still don’t like baked beans), cheese curds, sweet potato fries, Wisconsin beer and some fresh veggies for good measure. There was even rhubarb custard pie for dessert. There really are few better things than enjoying a good meal with your family and friends. After dinner, I figured it was time to show Kileigh and Dan the Wisconsin bar experience. I drove them by Water Street, the main drag downtown that has over ten bars in three blocks, but opted to actually go to the Firehouse a slightly classier bar which is a few blocks from there. Both my brother, Joel, and my longtime friend, Jared Ryan met up with us there. We chose to not close down the bar tonight and headed home around midnight after an enjoyable evening of conversation and brews. Tomorrow morning will be another lazy morning where we can sleep in, followed by cross country skiing and a few other activities. 
Wisconsin State Line

Progress thus far....

No comments:

Post a Comment